Re: warning on mid-input line sentence endings

From: Douglas McIlroy
Subject: Re: warning on mid-input line sentence endings
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 13:31:13 -0400

>> In regard to turning the warning on or off, the warning should not be
>> given when sentence spacing is set to 0

> I'm not sure I agree

I withdraw the suggestion. Since the default .ss 12 12 has the same
effect at a mid-line "sentence space" as copying the double space, I
had not realized that AI tinkers with the width of such spaces as well
as end-of-line sentence spaces. Thus double spaces do not harm
documents typeset with sentence-space 0.

Doug