Re: Problem building latest git source

From: Robert Goulding
Subject: Re: Problem building latest git source
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 11:47:08 -0400

The download file in the build font/devpdf directory correctly points to
the 9.53.3 installation of the Ghostscript fonts. The stock groff that I
have from Debian is 1.22.4, which does not have a devpdf directory. I have
1.23.0 installed myself, and the download file in
/usr/local/share/groff/1.23.0/font/devpdf does indeed list fonts at
Ghostscript 9.27, so that must be the source of the error. Which means that
when it comes to build the man pages, it uses the installed groff rather
than test-groff. (What I don't understand is how I've been compiling pdfs
from troff documents with no difficulties using my installed groff, even
though the download file was pointing at non-existent fonts?)

--
Robert Goulding
Director, John J. Reilly Center for Science, Technology, and Values;