Re: Typesetting Mathematics by Kernighan and Cherry, retypeset

From: Douglas McIlroy
Subject: Re: Typesetting Mathematics by Kernighan and Cherry, retypeset
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2022 14:40:21 -0400

> I understand UNIX v7 is under this BSD-style license by Caldera Inc.
>  https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Caldera-license.pdf

The eqn document by Kernighan and Cherry also appears in the v10
manual, copyright by AT&T and published as a trade book. Wouldn't  the
recent release of v10 also pertain to the manual?

Doug

As I so often do, I got my signals crossed and sent this first to
tuhs. Some discussion ensued there, none of it contradicting the basic
point. However it was pointed out that the "recent release", which is
posted at
https://www.tuhs.org/Archive/Distributions/Research/Dan_Cross_v8/statement_regarding_Unix_3-7-17.pdf,
is rather wishy-washy.