Re: Zero-Width Space.

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: Zero-Width Space.
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 11:26:11 +0100

Hi Dave,

> No one, including its inventor, seems fully happy with it, but there
> also hasn't been an alternate proposal that everyone is happy with.

I'd argue if it isn't the proper fix then don't fix it because now
there's just something new to fix with more confusion in the short and
long term.

As for alternatives, I didn't notice it being brought to the list for
suggestions, but there are bouts where I don't keep up with the volume.

If doing a new document processor, I'd consider things like null escape,
nil escape, and void escape.

--
Cheers, Ralph.