Re: [groff] 14/15: [font/devpdf]: Revise path component separation.

From: Deri
Subject: Re: [groff] 14/15: [font/devpdf]: Revise path component separation.
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 00:14:38 +0100

On Friday, 3 June 2022 10:04:52 BST G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> commit afa7128d7b939ca5c8cd082f2547f42e4e563674
> Author: G. Branden Robinson <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com>
> AuthorDate: Fri Jun 3 03:02:52 2022 -0500
>
>     [font/devpdf]: Revise path component separation.
>
>     * font/devpdf/devpdf.am (font/devpdf/util/BuildFoundries): Generate
>       script using the `PATH_SEPARATOR` Automake macro.
>
>     * font/devpdf/util/BuildFoundries.pl: Add `pathsep` scalar to house the
>       build-time path separator.
>
>       (LocateFile): Use it.
>
>       (LoadFoundry, CheckFoundry): Stop using spaces as part of the path
>       separation delimiter.  It is not idiomatic.
>
>     Also add editor aid comment and correct inconsistent indentation.

This may cause a problem. If you do a gs -h you will notice that the search
paths use the space-
colon to delimit paths. So by changing the separator to just colon some paths
include a leading or
trailing space. The space-colon is also used in the foundry.in file for
additional paths, so perhaps
changes are required here as well.

I'm also not sure if using PATH_SEPARATOR is proper here, did you check whether
gs -h uses
alternative separators on other operating systems? Also, shouldn't foundry.in
have some fiddling
as well?

Cheers

Deri