Re: Parallel Typesetting

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Parallel Typesetting
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 03:07:33 +0200

> > I'm trying to see how much trouble it would be to typeset
> > a bilingual text parallel by pages, as in, one language on
> > the recto page, the other on the verso page, synchronized
> > somehow by paragraph, preferably more or less automagically.

> I would say you could do this with a number of custom macros,
> in the same vein as Ted Harding's suggested solution (your
> first reference).

Here is a little proof-of-concept, built entirely with a few
ad-hoc macros and some hacks to account for font (mis-)encoding:

  https://www.usm.uni-muenchen.de/~hoffmann/roff/2lang/

View the PDF in acroread with page display settings "Two-Up"
and "Show Cover Page During Two-Up".

(Setting Fraktur really isn't my area of expertise, so
I beg pardon for any blunders I may have committed.)