Drawing a pie chart

From: Karchnu
Subject: Drawing a pie chart
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 20:22:25 +0200

Hello the groff ML! First timer here.

I wanted to know if there is a way to draw pie charts with roff.
I checked the ML for this, and all I found was a thread from 17 years ago mentioning this, but the solution was a bit of an hack.

Is there a solution nowadays to easily create pie charts with roff?
Either using pic or not (but it would make sense).
The official (and old) pic documentation doesn't provide much to work with, there is a way to create arcs but the angle is just plain hack-ish.

The desired output is PDF, but PS is acceptable (as long as I can draw a pie chart with roff and not with an external tool).

Thanks,
Have a good day

--
Philippe