Re: groff: gropdf, unlike grops, does not understand com10 paper size

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: groff: gropdf, unlike grops, does not understand com10 paper size
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 11:00:56 +0100

Hi,

Branden wrote:
> At present I'm content to ensure that gropdf(1) recognizes all the
> same format names as libgroff; if a contributor would like to
> undertake a more ambitious expansion, I'd welcome discussion on this
> list.

The enhancement is to replace the code in
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/src/libs/libgroff/paper.cpp,
including the generation by code of A0 to A7 from A0's size and so on
for {B,C,D}0, and replace it with a text file which code reads
regardless of the code's programming language.

There's also a libpaper though I don't know how widely it's available.

    $ paperconf -ans | sed -n '1p; $='
    a4 595.276 841.89
    55
    $