Re: Question on hyperlinks in groff

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: Question on hyperlinks in groff
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 08:25:59 +1100

Hi Chems,

When reading the s.tmac file, specifically the description for the .[
> macro, it mentions a macro called .#, but I can't find its definition
> anywhere.

Both the .[ and .# macros belong to the Mono package
<https://github.com/Alhadis/Mono>. This is a project of mine (i.e., not
part of Groff) although it currently doesn't support DVI hyperlinks. In
fact, I wasn't aware DVI even supported interactivity (then again, my
knowledge of anything TeX-related is less than rudimentary).

Please be aware that the .[ macro in particular is largely unfinished, and
there are lots of rough edges I still haven't smoothed out.

Regards,
— John