Resources for *roff internals and PDF generation

From: Olle Lögdahl
Subject: Resources for *roff internals and PDF generation
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 15:54:51 +0100

Hello,

I understand this mail is a little outside the scope of this mailinglist; i just had nowhere else to ask. Does somebody know any good resources for understanding the internals of groff/roff? Mostly curious about the PDF-generation part. Any resources may be helpful (online, books). I already have the PDF-1.7 specification, but something more specific on document generation and easier to digest.

Thanks in advance,

Olle Lögdahl