Re: groff_man_style.7: Hyperlink macros: \: before or after '#', '?'?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: groff_man_style.7: Hyperlink macros: \: before or after '#', '?'?
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 10:41:09 +0000

Hi Branden,

> On the other hand, as I noted before, in an HTTP GET request, these
> symbols, to be meaningful, must be followed by further content.

No, they mustn't.  The first ‘?’ starts the query which terminates at
the ‘#’ or the end of the string.  The query may contain as many literal
‘?’ or ‘&’ is it likes.  Nothing needs to come between them or after the
last.

You're probably thinking of the W3C recommendation that form submissions
become a query string with ‘&’ as the separator.

--
Cheers, Ralph.