groff_man_style.7: Hyperlink macros: \: before or after '#', '?'?

From: Alejandro Colomar (man-pages)
Subject: groff_man_style.7: Hyperlink macros: \: before or after '#', '?'?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2022 19:46:43 +0100

Hi Branden,

I see that groff_man_style(7) gives advice on where to break URIs
regarding slashes and dots, but not '?' and '#', which are other common
symbols on URIs.  I see that groff(1) seems to break before, in your
manual pages, so I'll follow that practice, but maybe it's good to state
it in the manual page too.

BTW, I missed a question of yours[1], so I'll answer now:

* Branden, a long time ago, said:
> Please let me know if you find any inconsistencies in our URI breaking
> practices in the groff man pages.  I inferred that you said the existing
> style was consistent, but I'm not sure and it could have been wishful
> reading on my part.  :)

Yup, groff(1) is quite consistent in that :)

Cheers,

Alex

[1]: <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2021-10/msg00046.html>

--