Re: [GUB] -T html: .EX/.EE is not monospaced

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: [GUB] -T html: .EX/.EE is not monospaced
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 11:35:49 +1100

At 2022-01-24T22:05:16+0100, Alejandro Colomar wrote:
> Hey G. Branden!

Hi, Alex!  [The "G." is for disambiguation purposes.  After I became an
adult, other "Branden Robinson"s rudely started to appear on the Web.
Yes, even with the funny spelling ("Brandon" is more common--in the
U.S., at least).]

> Another bug I met when publishing the manual pages for my chessutils
> set of programs:
>
> While -T pdf correctly renders .EX/.EE in a monospace font, -T html
> doesn't use a monospace font for those blocks.
>
> You can see the source code at
> <http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/src/alx/alx/games/chessutils.git/tree/share/man/man6/chess-mv.6>
> and the html page at
> <http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/man/man6/chess-mv.6.html>.
>
> See there the EXAMPLES section.
>
> The HTML source code produced by groff(1) doesn't seem to have any
> marker to require a monospace font.

Can confirm.  That does seem like a starting oversight.  It doesn't work
for a simple ms(7) document, either.

.PP
Hello, world!
.fam C
.PP
We've switched to Courier now.

Can you file this with Savannah, please?

Regards,
Branden