Re: Groff hanging when called from Java

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: Groff hanging when called from Java
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 01:18:57 +1100

Are you sure the process isn't waiting for input from an interactive
(TTY-attached) STDIN stream?

Try sending ^D (CTRL+D), which should tell it that it's reached EOF. I
don't know much about Java, only that it's weird and gross (so I have to
assume writing to /dev/stderr or even /dev/console doesn't work as
expected...)