Re: Align top of text blocks

From: Douglas McIlroy
Subject: Re: Align top of text blocks
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2021 13:18:22 -0400

Arghh. I don't know what I was thinking. ps2-ps1 is the difference in tops.

I wrote:
> I have three blocks of text on a line and I would like to align them
> on top rather than on the baseline.
> 1. Is there a "proper" way to achieve this?

Let ps1,  ps2, vs1, and vs2 be registers containing
point sizes and vertical spacings (expressed in
fundamental units) for two text limes.
Then if the two share the same base line,
their tops should be vs1-ps1 and vs2-ps2 units
above it. To align the tops, move the base line
of one by the difference of those quantities.