Re: Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Re: Why does refer(1) have no database field for "edition"?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 18:30:44 +0200

Hello Peter,

since you have demonstrated with mom how to extend the standard, if not
to say "frozen" capabilities of the macros for refer(1), and with regard
to the offline conversation we already had on the topic of bibliography
styles, what would be your verdict on the idea to isolate the
bibliography processing part (that is, understand %c fields and
formatting) and put everything into a macro package of its own, perhaps
with an interface to introducing more bibliography styles? From your
perspective as the creator of a full-fledged macro package, what are the
caveats?

Best regards,

Oliver.