Re: groff and multilingual documents

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: groff and multilingual documents
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 21:02:44 -0500

On 7/10/21, G. Branden Robinson <g.branden.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
> I fear the example is a bit long to include in our Texinfo manual.

Surely it can be trimmed down while still illustrating the essential concepts.

* About a third of it is one multisentence quote, which ends up
spanning eight output lines but gets hyphenated only in one spot.

* It switches languages twice.  It's good to inform users this works,
but a statement to that effect in the text would serve that purpose;
I'm not sure illustrating it in the example serves any further
purpose.

* Using the default (Times) typeface and not requiring preconv would
eliminate the need for the comment line indicating required
command-line options.