Re: Introducing mu, my new macro package

From: John Ankarström
Subject: Re: Introducing mu, my new macro package
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 22:19:43 +0200

Den 2021-07-01 kl. 21:33 skrev pierrejean.fichet@posteo.net:
> Thank you for sharing your work. I've browsed your documentation,
> and love your mu package, and your usage of environments. Simplicity
> is neat !

Thank you!

> I feel a bit concerned by your choosen name though, as I fear a
> name conflict with my own macro set, utmac.
>
> While it does not use the single "u" yet, it comes with ul, us,
> uh, ux, ut, um, uw, and all sorts of u*.

Ah, how typical!

I called it mg at first, because of the association between mg
(milligram) and its tiny size, but I found out that Heirloom troff
includes a set of groff compatibility macros called g.tmac. I though mu
was a good alternative, because of the association between the Greek
letter mu and the SI prefix micro-.

Regardless, I think you've quite clearly laid claim to the u*.tmac
namespace. I've renamed my package to mk.