Re: Introducing mu, my new macro package

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Re: Introducing mu, my new macro package
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 21:32:32 +0200

Hi John,

I just read the README.pdf file and then had a look at the source code.
Things are really intuitive, like .( .) for footnotes. I can't identify
any "missing feature" yet. Au contraire, it offers tables of contents
which do not need to be placed at the end of the document (like with the
ms macro package; mom can place tables of contents at the beginning, but
I think there are enough *roff users who are just accustomed to their
"traditional" choice of macro package and will stick with that as long
as the elaborate features of mom are not of existential importance).

Congratulations, I do think this is a nice complement to the existing
macro packages, but it makes me ever more realize the need for an
introductory document explaining to novice users the strengths,
weaknesses and typical use cases of existing macro packages.

Best regards,

Oliver.