Re: Introducing mu, my new macro package

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: Introducing mu, my new macro package
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 15:15:08 -0400

> http://ankarstrom.se/~john/mu.html

With just a quick glance, I like what you've done.
I can see myself using it sometime soon.

One suggestion, give the Inline, Environment and Other macros 2 or 3
character names with a common theme so they stand separate from the groff
commands and macros.

May I suggest ...
        .\" Inline macros ------------------------------
        .\" U" -- inline quotation
        .\" Ub -- bold font
        .\" Uc -- constant-width font
        .\" Ui -- italic font
        .\" Ux -- bold italic font
        .\" Environment macros -------------------------
        .\" Ud -- centered date
        .\" Uh -- heading
        .\" Ul -- literal display
        .\" Up -- paragraph
        .\" Uq -- quotation
        .\" Us -- subheading
        .\" Ut -- centered title
        .\" Other macros -------------------------------
        .\" U( -- begin footnote
        .\" U) -- end footnote
        .\" Uw -- want space
or
        .\" Inline macros ------------------------------
        .\" _" -- inline quotation
        .\" _b -- bold font
        .\" _c -- constant-width font
        .\" _i -- italic font
        .\" _x -- bold italic font
        .\" Environment macros -------------------------
        .\" _d -- centered date
        .\" _h -- heading
        .\" _l -- literal display
        .\" _p -- paragraph
        .\" _q -- quotation
        .\" _s -- subheading
        .\" _t -- centered title
        .\" Other macros -------------------------------
        .\" _( -- begin footnote
        .\" _) -- end footnote
        .\" _w -- want space

I have so many documents where _all_ the groff actions are in lower case
and I don't know where to look when I need to understand the action and
syntax.  Is it native groff?  Or the mm macro package?  Or something I wrote?

Now when writing my own macros I tend to make them start with a capital letter
or be all capitals.

Again, very nice!
                                                                Mike

--