Re: Guitar TABs

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Guitar TABs
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 02:09:12 -0500

On 6/16/21, Wim Stockman <wim.stockman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I already made a small preprocessor to keep track of chords , in a
> chordsheet.

For aesthetics and ease of reading, I'd output the whole thing in
no-fill mode, which will preserve the line breaks in the lyrics rather
than combining them into a paragraph-looking block.  Groff's .nf
request does this for you, though I found that adding it to your
song.pcs doesn't work, because the pcs.awk script strips it out; you'd
need to make pcs.awk either add it or pass it through from its input.
(I'm sure either of those is simple, but I don't know awk, so I added
it by hand after awk processing just to test it.)

But on the technical side, the chord sheet looks great, and is
cleverly implemented.