Re: ebook format

From: Dorai Sitaram
Subject: Re: ebook format
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2021 22:52:41 +0000 (UTC)

 I've had some success sending a single-page HTML to my Kindle. The Kindle will
only accept HTML pages that have no dependencies on external files, i.e., no
external CSS, and no external image files, both of which problems can be
solved. HTML is obviously nicer than PDF on the Kindle because the text fits
the device width automatically.

I've recently had my troff2page converter
(https://ds26gte.github.io/troff2page) take a command-line option

 -r t2pebook=1

(i.e., sets the number register t2pebook to non-zero). When so invoked,
troff2page generates a single-page Kindle-suitable HTML file. It works for
smallish files, but it seems like the Kindle is very finicky about what kind of
HTML it will accept and I'm in the process of tidying it up.

Anyway, something to kick around.

--d

     On Thursday, June 10, 2021, 04:11:27 PM EDT, Wim Stockman