Re: ebook format

From: Deri
Subject: Re: ebook format
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:01:35 +0100

On Thursday, 10 June 2021 21:12:01 BST Wim Stockman wrote:
> What is the best and easiest way to convert a groff document to
> kindle friendly format?
> or other opensource ereader format , not pdf format?
>
> kind regards
> Wim Stockman

Just out of interest, why do you dismiss pdf format for reading on the kindle?
I find you have
greater control over the way you want it to look using groff and pdf. I
download the text version
from the gutenberg website then run a program which uses groff to make a pdf
which is exactly
how I like to read. I use a first gen kindle, don't know how it would look on
later versions. The
pdf attached has been shortened to one chapter and it is formatted for my
preference if you are
viewing on kindle, not desktop.

Cheers

Deri