Re: Not predefined Extended Latin character needed, interesting solution

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Not predefined Extended Latin character needed, interesting solution found
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 18:19:52 -0500

On 5/18/21, Oliver Corff <oliver.corff@email.de> wrote:
> I am a bit confused because ./configure warns me that I do not have URW
> fonts, but /usr/share/fonts/urw-base35/ is definitely not empty.
> ./configure does not respond well when I run it with the urw font
> directory option, and asks me to get the necessary fonts from
> http://downloads.ghostscript.com/public/fonts/urw-base35-v1.10.zip
>
> However, that URL just returns a 404 error.

A very recent change to the groff code (commits 39de1019 and d6b6183a,
from 4 days ago) addressed the above issues, in response to another
bug report about this (http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?60604).

If you're willing to give it another try, you could grab the latest
code from git (http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=groff) and see if
that solves the problem for you.  If it doesn't, that would also be
useful to know.  But I see Deri has also offered to build your devpdf
directory for you, so that might be your path of least resistance.