Endless loop with groff -T html

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Endless loop with groff -T html
Date: Fri, 14 May 2021 18:58:37 +0200

Dear All,

while the absolute majority of my hundreds of tables I am working on can
be compiled into png graphics (via the groff -t -T html route), some
comparatively simple tables force the groff system into an endless loop.

The attached file "Technologie.tbl" is such an example. The accompanying
file 0_Definitionen.roff provides sub- and superscripts, etc.

$ cat Technologie.tbl | groff -t -T pdf > Technologie.pdf # ok.

$ cat Technologie.tbl | groff -t T- html > dummy.html # endless loop,
does not exit gracefully.

Do you have any idea how I can trace the source of my problem?

Thank you very much for any suggestion,

Oliver.

--
Dr. Oliver Corff