Re: Soft hyphens

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: Soft hyphens
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 06:11:14 -0500

On 3/28/21, Peter Schaffter <peter@schaffter.ca> wrote:
> I'm wondering if the interpretation of soft hyphens when .nh is
> active is correct behaviour.  It's counter-intuitive and feels like
> a bug.  If it is the expected behaviour, we need to amend the info
> manual to state that .nh does not disable the interpretation of soft
> hyphens.

I don't know the answer to your question, but in general, anything
that will require some kind of change -- even if it's presently
unknown whether that change is to the software or to the documentation
-- should have a savannah ticket opened
(http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=groff&func=additem) to keep tabs
on it.