Re: problem with mm macros

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: problem with mm macros
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 17:45:18 +0100

> > > Now the problem is that groff doesn't show the author's
> > > title below the author's name. Both heirloom and neatroff
> > > do, so it is maybe a bug in groff?

> > Does this seem to you to be the same as the problem reported in
> > http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?57034 ?

> Yes, this seems to be the same problem.

This can be fixed quickly by adding, below the line that
prints the author's name,

  \\*[cov*au!\\n[let*i]!1]

the following lines:

  .nr let*j 0 1
  .while !'\\*[cov*at!\\n[let*i]!\\n+[let*j]]''  \{\
  \\*[cov*at!\\n[let*i]!\\n[let*j]]
  .\}

Since the number of titles for each author is not stored anywhere,
this assumes that an empty value signals the end of the author's
titles, i.e., there can be no empty author's titles (but \& works).

I noticed that the loc-dept-initials/initials line is also different.
Does anyone still use this?  Is it important that this is
historically accurate?