multi-page table trouble in ms

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: multi-page table trouble in ms
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 16:29:39 +1100

Hi folks,

I'm updating doc/ms.ms in a more piecemeal manner than my Halloween
preview of last year, and ran across a problem when testing the example
of a multi-page table (.TS H/.TH/.T&/.TE).

The rendering is pretty bad in PostScript, with the table cell borders
(caused by "allbox") being drawn incorrectly, including over the header
area.  It also causes lots of diagnostic from grotty about attempting to
write above the top of the page.

The rendering is consistently bad in nroff and troff modes, so the issue
would seem to be something deeper.

I'm attaching my working copy of ms.ms and example ms.ps output.  The
problem shows up on pages 14 and 15.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Branden