Re: groff: FLOAT FORCE and PDF_IMAGE with mom macros

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: groff: FLOAT FORCE and PDF_IMAGE with mom macros
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2021 21:45:00 -0500

Shane --

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021, Shane Bishop wrote:
> I am trying to create a PDF document with the mom macros using the
> PDF_IMAGE macro.  I want my images to automatically move to the
> the current page.

>From the docs:

 "Mom now treats all pdf images identically to floats, which is to
  say that if an image doesn’t fit on the output page, she will
  defer it to the top of the next page while continuing to process
  running text."

However, if you want text to stop at the place the pdf image is
inserted in the source file, leaving a hole at the bottom of the
page, then FLOAT FORCE is the way to go.

> When I compile my PDF with the command
> pdfmom -t report.mom > report.pdf,
> I get an "environment stack overflow".  The PDF generates just
> fine, despite the warning.

I'm not seeing the warning at my end.  Which version of mom are you
using?

  pdfmom -dVERSION=1 foo

will tell you.  (Foo can be anything; pdfmom just needs a name of
some sort or it will hang.)  The current version is 2.4-4_e.

If you are up-to-date, could you send a file (and its associated
images) exhibiting the warning?  I dealt with it in version 2.2, or
so I thought.

--
Peter Schaffter
https://www.schaffter.ca