Hierarchical numbering in mom

From: Dmitriy Kurshakov
Subject: Hierarchical numbering in mom
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2021 08:40:34 +0300

 Hello

I am trying to make a document with hierarchical numbering like in
agreement:
1. Heading 1.
1.1. Long paragraph 1.1.
1.2. Long paragraph 1.2.
2. Heading 2.
2.1. Long paragraph 2.1.
...and so on.
As far as I understand mom's documentation, the hierarchical numbering is
available only for headings. .PP macro has no NUMBER parameter. My attempts
to get hierarchical paragraph numbering with nested lists has no success. I
only have this:
1. Item 1.
   1. Item 1.1
   2. Item 1.2
2. Item 2.
Can you please advise me how I can achieve this? Can I somehow "inherit"
the parent heading's number to use it as .LIST prefix? Or there are other
ways to do this?

Best regards,
Dmitriy.