Re: First post...

From: tuxic
Subject: Re: First post...
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2021 03:43:33 +0100

Hi Oliver,

thank you for your welcomeing mail ! :)

I am very happy haveing found a place to talk about [gnt]?roff :) related
things - these places are a little rare these days.

Currently I am using neatroff under GENTOO Linux.

I am collecting (general) documents about roff/troff/nroff to get
informations, which are not implememtation specific (things, which
should work for all implementation).

I found www.troff.org and some other places via internet searching
where I found the following documents:
* A_Typesetter_independent_TROFF (cstr97) by Brian W. Kerningham
* Grap — A Language for Typesetting Graphs Tutorial and User Manual by Jon L.
Bentley and Brian W. Kernighan
* The groff version of the "–ME REFERENCE MANUAL" by Eric P. Allman*
  Is there any source for the "original" one?
* The groff version of "Writing Papers with GROFF using –me" by Eric P. Allman.
  Is there any source for the "original" one?
* PIC — A Graphics Language for Typesetting User Manual  by Brian W. Kernighan
* A TROFF Tutorial by Brian W. Kernighan
* Typing Documents on the UNIX System: Using the – ms Macros with Troff and
Nroff by M. E. Lesk

Is there any document, which I miss, which will help a beginner in
things [nt]?roff to get started?
I prefer documents, which do not include specialities of special
implementations, since they will not work with other implementations
als long these enhancements are not common to all newer
implementations - for example the ability to run on Linux is such a
common enhancement - the original versions of the PDP*-ear will not
run on Linux :)

Cheers!
mcc