Re: Allowing \N to accept hex numbers?

From: Dorai Sitaram
Subject: Re: Allowing \N to accept hex numbers?
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 01:53:12 +0000 (UTC)

 I'm trying to access a code point in a non-Unicode font, namely the ITC Zapf
Dingbats font that comes with groff. E.g., the code point 0x6E in Dingbats is a
black square, and so far I see no way of using the hex number directly to
typeset a black square. I have to convert it to 110 decimal, e.g.,
\f(ZD\N'110'\fP.

Following your message, I tried using \f(ZD\[u006E]\fP, but no dice. U+006E is
of course n, and groff tries to find "special character \n", even though the
prevailing font when \[u006E] is being invoked is a non-Unicode font.

--d

     On Sunday, January 17, 2021, 05:46:30 PM EST, Oliver Corff