"mom": addition of ellipsis causes an over-strike

From: Steve Ross
Subject: "mom": addition of ellipsis causes an over-strike
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 00:47:58 +0000 (UTC)

Groff mailing list,
A (second) question about "mom" and over-striking of text.

I started with the "mom" example file named "sample_docs.mom" and (only) added
the Unicode "\[u2026]" for the ellipsis character in the middle of line 482.

In the resulting PDF output file, the ellipsis appears on page 10, as expected.
 However, on the same line, about six characters further to the right, I also
see about three characters being over-struck, which is unexpected.

I have attached both the input "mom" file ("sample_docs-steve.mom"), and the
output PDF file ("sample_docs-steve.pdf").

The "groff" version is 1.22.3.The "mom" version is 2.4-4_c.

Thanks for your help,

-- Steve Ross
P.S.  Why does the mailing list software seem to remove some newlines from my
e-mails?