"mom": text on second page is overstruck

From: Steve Ross
Subject: "mom": text on second page is overstruck
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 21:30:45 +0000 (UTC)

Groff mailing list,
I have a problem as I'm using the "mom" macro package.
I have attached the text file named "mom-overstruck.txt" to (I hope) diagram
the issue that I see on the second page of my PDF file.  I have two columns on
both the first and second pages.  On the first page, I expect the text at the
bottom of the second column to continue on to the top of the first column on
the second page.
However, the problem is that the text that should be placed on the second page
at the top of the *first* column is appearing at the top for the *second*
column.  So, it is overstriking other text that is "already" at the top of the
second column.   And the location at which text should be positioned in the
first column has only blank space.
What am I missing?

The "groff" version is 1.22.3.The "mom" version is 2.1-c_1.The command line is:
   $ groff -mom -Tpdf myText.mom > tmp.pdf

Thanks for any insight that you can offer.
-- Steve Ross