Re: Is .rd implemented at all?

From: Oliver Corff
Subject: Re: Is .rd implemented at all?
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 15:21:34 +0100

Hi,

perhaps Dorai's shell is the culprit?

Can you run the following, actually just a variation of the first trial:

$ groff - -T pdf << EOF > myfile.pdf
.rd
This is some input, it will show in the pdf file.

EOF

As soon as the system waits for you to enter the lines beginning with
.rd, the prompt changes to ">", and when you confirm EOF with <CR>, the
normal prompt will show again.

Under any circumstance, your file myfile.pdf should then show the text
as typed above.

If this fails, you should check the safe/unsafe settings (see the info
file), but to be honest, this is just an idea, I do not know whether the
safe/unsafe setting will impact reading from stdin.

Oliver.