pdfmark not working

From: Timothy Groves
Subject: pdfmark not working
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 16:45:48 -0500

Any attempt to use the pdfmark macro package causes exactly nothing to happen - no error messages, but also no metadata being added to my PDF.  I've followed the instructions that come with pdfmark slavishly, including testing in the most minimal document humanly possible, and still gotten nothing.  I am running groff 1.22.4 under Ubuntu 20.04, and have installed the full groff (as opposed to groff-base) package.  Is there some library requirement not described under the documentation?