Re: Current location of fixmp?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Current location of fixmp?
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 09:40:46 +0100 (CET)

> Is there a recent version of the script 'fixmp' mentioned in the
> MetaPost documentation? (It allows groff to accept MP-generated PS
> files.)

Sorry, no.  Additionally, it seems that the current version of
MetaPost (i.e., TeXLive 2020) is broken: it inserts unwanted '%'
characters.

> Google points me back to these archives for a 2006 version that no
> longer works.

Note that most of the additional stuff is no longer necessary since
the corresponding files (TFM and map files) have been added to
TeXLive.  However, there was *a lot* of development on the MetaPost
side, and I have to find out how things work today.  I guess that
essentially nobody is using the troff interface, which might be the
reason for not working correctly.

I will investigate but I can't promise when I'm done.  Additional eyes
to inspect the issue are most welcomed!