Re: [DRAFT] Revised groff ms manual for review

From: Damian McGuckin
Subject: Re: [DRAFT] Revised groff ms manual for review
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 10:55:07 +1100 (AEDT)

On Sun, 1 Nov 2020, Ingo Schwarze wrote:

The ability to define macros to tackle the particular needs of an individual document is among the strengths of roff - and, as you recently documented, it has been since AT&T Version 3 UNIX in 1973.

Well before my time!

I'm regularly using a small number of macros of my own on top of a standard macro set;

Ditto, although most are associated with fonts, font-size, justification and other style stuff.

i tend to use -mm for my presentations rather than -ms, but that makes no difference with respect to the basic idea.

nDitto on the first and agreed on the second.

Regards - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer