Re: Small offset in overlapping Polygons

From: Richard Morse
Subject: Re: Small offset in overlapping Polygons
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 12:10:53 -0400

> On Oct 31, 2020, at 10:22 AM, Wim Stockman <wim.stockman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I made a macro to draw 2 filled rectangles on top of each other.
> but if I draw them they are not exactly on top. There is a small offset on
> the left.
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
> My goal is to make on rectangle slightly bigger to draw a border but if the
> start isn't the same I'll have to compensate.
> Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> Here is my macro that doesn't align
> .de RECTANGLE_FILLED_BORDER
> \Z@\M[\\$4]\D'P 0 0 \\$1 0 0(\\$2 -\\$1 0'M[]@
> \Z@\M[\\$3]\D'P 0 0 \\$1 0 0 \\$2 -\\$1 0'\M[]@

I have no real idea, because I’ve never figured out the drawing commands, but
one thing that shows up in HTML from time-to-time is that people forget about
whitespace. Does it work if you put the two commands on one line? If so, then
the problem could be that the newline is inserting a space of some sort?

Ricky