Re: UTP 1.1 build failure on Debian Stable

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: UTP 1.1 build failure on Debian Stable
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 13:34:21 -0500

* On 2020 20 Oct 08:35 -0500, Deri wrote:

> It is looking for the fonts in the ghostscript 9.26 directories but
> debian have updated to 9.27.  You will have a file called "download"
> probably in /usr/share/groff/1.22.4/font/devpdf, if you edit this file
> to convert all references 9.26 to 9.27, you should be able to
> progress.

Correct, I found this to be exactly the case.

> If you have a different version of groff than 1.22.4 use the
> appropriate version number in the path above.

This is also the installed version of groff.

Glancing at the Debian bugs page for groff:

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?dist=unstable;package=groff

doesn't show anything relating to ghostcript fonts.  I can next try this
on my laptop that is running Bullseye (Testing).

If the bug doesn't exist on Testing/Unstable, then it would probably be
pointless to file a bug report as such a bug won't likely be fixed for a
package in Stable.

- Nate

Web: https://www.n0nb.us
Projects: https://github.com/N0NB