Re: UTP 1.1 build failure on Debian Stable

From: Deri
Subject: Re: UTP 1.1 build failure on Debian Stable
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2020 14:33:28 +0100

On Tuesday, 20 October 2020 13:15:50 BST Nate Bargmann wrote:
> ./front.t: Failed to open
> '/usr/share/ghostscript/9.26/Resource/Font/URWBookman-Demi' make: ***
> [Makefile:20: utp_book.pdf] Error 1
>

> I do have the ghostscript package installed at version 9.27 so I have a
> path of:  '/usr/share/ghostscript/9.27/Resource/Font/URWBookman-Demi'
>
> I'm not sure where this path is hard coded and perhaps my ghostscript
> installation is broken, but this system was a clean installation of
> Debian about two years ago and was updated to Buster which was Testing
> at the time.
>
> - Nate

It is looking for the fonts in the ghostscript 9.26 directories but debian have
updated to 9.27.
You will have a file called "download" probably in
/usr/share/groff/1.22.4/font/devpdf, if you
edit this file to convert all references 9.26 to 9.27, you should be able to
progress.

If you have a different version of groff than 1.22.4 use the appropriate
version number in the
path above.

Cheers

Deri