Re: Releasing groff 1.22.5?

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: Releasing groff 1.22.5?
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 14:18:20 +1100

Hi, Bertrand!

At 2020-10-11T00:04:16+0200, Bertrand Garrigues wrote:
> I don't have much time to make large changes in the code base (my
> Knuth-Plass work is unfortunately in standby now), but for a release it
> should not be a problem, I'll do it.

Great news!  Thank you!  I'm curious to hear your opinions on the Adobe
font metrics point I raised.  Anything you feel should be added to the
FOR-RELEASE file would be welcome as well.

> All the "heavy" tasks like #40717, #40716 obviously won't be there in a
> near future so it's a good time to make a new release.

Cool.

> > I have some things I'd like to accomplish before a release[1], but
> > based on my experience with groff 1.22.4, I don't think they'd
> > interfere a beta or release-candidate cycle.
>
> I will push a fix for #55334 during the beta cycle, I don't have other
> fix in mind.

Ah, good news.  I was in the middle of moving when this was filed so I
managed to completely miss it, or forgot about it.

> > As far as I know, the tree is in pretty good shape.  I've learned to
> > "make distcheck", but my development machine is pretty vanilla--x86-64
> > running a Debian-based distro.
>
> 'make distcheck' works fine for me too (Archlinux-based distro).
>
> If no one oppose to it I should be able to push a release candidate
> tag in the next couple of days.

Hooray!  Thank you again.

Regards,
Branden