Re: Releasing groff 1.22.5?

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: Releasing groff 1.22.5?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2020 14:59:15 +0100

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 08:56:49PM +1100, G. Branden Robinson wrote:
> If anyone feels we haven't yet satisfied some technical goal that we
> should have accomplished before branding something "1.22.5", please
> speak up now.  I have some things I'd like to accomplish before a
> release[1], but based on my experience with groff 1.22.4, I don't think
> they'd interfere a beta or release-candidate cycle.

I generally think "release early, release often" is a good plan.

May I suggest bumping to 1.23?  I know groff doesn't practise strict
semver, but this would be justified in that scheme (there are several
new features).  More generally, I feel that there's no particular reason
to be nervous of bumping the minor number, especially given how long
it's been since 1.22.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]