Re: [groff] 01/08: mdoc: Accept mixed-case section headings.

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [groff] 01/08: mdoc: Accept mixed-case section headings.
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 22:57:37 +0200

G. Branden Robinson wrote in
 <20200927063701.vj6bg474km3ofpfh@localhost.localdomain>:
 |At 2020-09-16T01:21:14+0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> C64 had no login.  And DMR would not have used it.
 |> I am all with Tadziu Hoffmann in this thread.
 |
 |Did Tadziu comment on this thread?  I don't see any such message in the
 |list archive in my mail folder... :-?

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2018-12/msg00150.html
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/groff/2018-12/msg00155.html

The former contains

  This tells us that the capitalization was intended as
  a presentational effect.

It is interesting that Doug McIlroy as one of the main (or even
sole) editors / reviewers of early manuals did not take part in
this thread.
Rereading the first messages of the thread ... i reiterated one of
Ingo's statements in fact.

Good night, Branden.

--steffen