Re: Groff bug: echo foo | groff -Pbar

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: Groff bug: echo foo | groff -Pbar
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 03:44:41 +1000

Does it make a difference if you add a prologue file named `bar`? From
grops(1):

*-P**prologue-file*

Use the file *prologue-file* (in the font path) as the prologue
instead of the default prologue file *prologue*.

The error I get with groff 1.22.4 is different:

$ echo foo | groff -Pbar
grops: can't open file 'bar'

What platform are you running? Did you compile Groff manually, or install
it with a package-manager?