Re: (off topic?) Docbook? Re: manlint?

From: James K. Lowden
Subject: Re: (off topic?) Docbook? Re: manlint?
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 12:10:11 -0400

On Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:22:29 -0400
"James K. Lowden" <jklowden@schemamania.org> wrote:

> > > this *isn't* the same to me: attributes are for metadata and tag
> > > contents are for data
>
> That's right.  If XML attributes were always used to describe the
> *tags*, and not the data, there would be (almost) no problem. At least
> we'd know where the data are.  But it's not uncommon to see XML like
>
>       <record col1:"a", col2:"b">
>               <col3>c</col> </record>

This morning's example In Real Life comes from an IBM DB2
db2dsdriver.cfg.  It's all attributes and no data:

<configuration>
  <dsncollection>
    <!-- 64-bit DSN alias -->
    <dsn alias="testdb"   name="testdb" host="localhost" port="50000">
</dsn>
  <databases>
    <database name="testdb" host="localhost" port="50000">
    </database>
  </databases>
</configuration>

--jkl