Re: [groff] 01/08: mdoc: Accept mixed-case section headings.

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [groff] 01/08: mdoc: Accept mixed-case section headings.
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 00:13:30 +1000

For output destined for terminal display, it's easy to uphold this
convention:

.if n \{\
.tr aAbBcCdDeEfFgGhHiIjJkKlLmMnNoOpPqQrRsStTuUvVwWxXyYzZ
\\$1
.tr aabbccddeeffgghhiijjkkllmmnnooppqqrrssttuuvvwwxxyyzz
.\}

The important part is that the source argument be expressed using "proper"
capitalisation. This simply isn't possible if it's originally uppercase:

.SH "INTRODUCTION TO HTML" \" BAAAAAD

.SH "Introduction to HTML" \" Good

The man(7) and mdoc(7) macros should be updated to do this, provided
they've not been updated more recently to do so.

— John