Fwd: Re: code review and strategy for macros set? [address@hidden]

From: Robert Thorsby
Subject: Fwd: Re: code review and strategy for macros set? [address@hidden]
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 09:29:58 +1000

OOPPSS

On 14/08/20 09:20:20, Dave Kemper wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, Robert.  Was this meant to go to the
list?  I see I'm the only recipient.

On 8/11/20, Robert Thorsby <robert@thorsby.com.au> wrote:
Sometimes I set oddball papersizes and ps2pdf doesn't like them (so I
replace sPAPERSIZE with dDEVICEWIDTHPOINTS and dDEVICEHEIGHTPOINTS).
And sometimes my groff input file doesn't have any page layout
dimensions (no po, ll, or pl).  So this becomes a belt'n'braces
scenario.

It is also worth remembering that sometimes applications installed by
packet managers come with "interesting" defaults -- in which case a
belt'n'braces approach may be necessary.

BTW, my CLI was included simply to show that I didn't use any macros to
produce the output -- other than the PSPIC macro that is included as
part of the Tps option.

Robert