Re: code review and strategy for macros set?

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: code review and strategy for macros set?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 14:49:02 -0500

On 8/11/20, Robert Thorsby <robert@thorsby.com.au> wrote:
> The CLI to create the file is:
>
> groff -p -Tps -dpaper=a4 -P-pa4 model_details.gr | ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 \
>    -sColorModel=Gray -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress -dEmbedAllFonts=true -
> model_details.pdf

When I generate a PDF through a "groff -Tps | ps2pdf" pipeline, the
PDF's paper size comes out correct if I give groff the proper -P-p
flag (passing the paper size along to grops) and set .pl and .ll
appropriately within the groff file.  That is, I don't tell ps2pdf the
paper size; it picks this up automatically from groff's PostScript
output.  Does giving ps2pdf the -sPAPERSIZE option provide any extra
functionality?  Or are there situations where ps2pdf can't glean it
from the input?