Re: Groff on Windows (for PDF output)?

From: Michael Pirkola
Subject: Re: Groff on Windows (for PDF output)?
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2020 15:28:39 -0700

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020 16:12:14 -0500
Blake McBride <blake@mcbride.name> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to get Groff working on Windows.  I have looked at MinGW,
> GnuWin32, and ezwinports.  While some provide base Groff, none I can
> see support -Tpdf.  Is there any package that does support PDF output
> on Windows?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Blake McBride

Have you tried Cygwin?  I was using it some time ago to handle groff
documents, though at the time I had not experimented with -Tpdf and was
using ps2pdf for creating pdfs.  They seem to have a full 1.22.4
install:

https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-cat.cgi?file=x86_64%2Fgroff%2Fgroff-1.22.4-1&grep=groff